Interesting facts about bras you should know, Bras are peculiar contraptions: It could be argued that they’re used for forcing women to fit societal beauty ideals, or that they’re wonderful inventions that make being active a breeze. Whether you love them or hate them, there are some bra facts everyone should know about before deciding on whether to go boob loose and bra free, or invest in a collection of bras to suit all occasions.
- Women’s Workout Set 2 Piece Tracksuit – Seamless High Waist Leggings and Crop Top Yoga Activewear Set
- Workout Sets Women 2 Piece Yoga Fitness Clothes Exercise Sportswear Legging Crop Top Gym Clothes
- Outfits for Women Matching Workout Set Seamless Long Sleeve Athletic Set
- Womens 2 Pieces Outfits Deep V Neck Crop Top Side Slit Drawstring Wide Leg Pants Set Jumpsuits
- Women’s Sexy V Neck Camis Tops Halter Buttons Spaghetti Strap Backless Swing Tank Shirts
- Women’s V Neck Sleeveless Sexy Blouse Botton Down Tank Tops Casual Shirts
- Spaghetti Strap Tank Camisole Top Crop Tank Top for Sports Yoga Sleeping
- 4 Pieces Basic Crop Tank Tops Sleeveless Racerback Crop Sport Cotton Top for Women
- Women Dresses Summer Tie Front V-Neck
- Women Casual Summer Dresses with Pockets
- Sports Bras for Women Support Activewear for Yoga Gym Fitness
- Bamboobies Nursing Pads for Breastfeeding | 2 Overnight Pairs | Reusable
According to a research study by France’s University of Franche-Comté, featured in an article by StyleCaster, “…bras do the same work as breast ligaments, which can reduce their effectiveness. In other words, wearing a bra can make your boobs lazy, which then makes them more likely to sag.” This means there’s hope yet for us gals who enjoy going braless.
Of course, anyone can wear a bra, not just women. So here are some facts all bras wearers should consider.
Interesting facts about bras you should know
Bras Are Not A Necessity For Anyone
If you’ve had enough of bras, there’s no need to feel pressured into wearing them. Societal “norms” can go to hell because you should feel free to wear (or not wear) whatever you like. Going braless is for everyone, including gals with a larger bust. There are some handy hacks out there that can help those with a bigger bust go braless. Do what’s right for you and your body and ignore everything else.
You Could Be Wearing The Wrong Size Bra
According to The Independent, lingerie expert and head of Rigby & Peller June Kenton told Fashionista.com, “About 85 percent of women are wearing the wrong size, and haven’t got any idea how to deal with it.” To discover if your bra size is correct, try taking a bra size quiz to shine more light on what’s going wrong and book yourself an appointment with a professional bra fitter in an establishment that you trust.
3 Important Facts About Bras
Are you confused about what bra you need? Do you need an Underwire for support? What is a wireless, strapless bra? The reasons for some common ailments like backache, strains and poor posture, can be linked to simply selecting the wrong type of bra.
With this ebook discover:
– Choosing the Correct Bra
– Why Use a Sports Bra
– Why Wacoal Bra Is a Must Have
– And More
Playtex Women’s 18 Hour Ultimate Lift and Support Wire Free Bra
- Cup Strap Center Belt: 81% Nylon, 19% Spandex; Inner Strap Center Belt Inner Strap Pad Sling Pad: 100% Cotton; Back Cup Lining: 92% Nylon, 8% Spandex; Strap Lining: 75% Cotton, 25% Polyester
- Full Coverage lining
- Hook and Eye closure
- Hand Wash
- 1″ high
- 8″ wide
- Make the most of your curves! Lift panels in cups five beautiful natural-looking shaping
Your Bras Size Can Fluctuate Between Stores
A few years ago, when I was much more concerned about how small my boobs were, I was over the moon to discover I had gone up a whole cup size when I got measured in a store I’d never visited before. However, I had a rude awakening when I found I was still the same size as before when I shopped elsewhere. A journalist writing for The Daily Mail also had the same trouble with fluctuating bra sizes across a range of stores in the U.K. Be prepared that this may happen to you if you venture outside of your favorite lingerie stores.
Underwired Bras Do Not Cause Breast Cancer
According to new research – and contrary to popular belief from about a decade ago – wearing a bra, underwired or otherwise, does not cause breast cancer. Dr. Sally Norton, a NHS consultant, discussed the facts about breast cancer with The Daily Mail. When asked if underwired bras cause breast cancer Dr. Norton said, “No. This is a myth that has been started and perpetuated by some poor scientific studies that have since been robustly proven wrong.” So you can be worry-free and wear any style of bra that tickles your fancy, including underwired bras.
Unusual facts about bras
There are no shortcuts or quick automatic solutions when manufacturing bras. Sewing a single bra may involve 35 pieces, 60 seams, 65 moments. Around 10 seamstresses work closely together to make this happen.
A standard underwired bra is made of 35 individual pieces. And since a single model may be offered in 75 different sizes, that means that approximately 2400 pieces need to be drawn and size graded. At Miss Mary we do this process by hand.
The first patented bra design was made of 2 silk handkerchiefs and a pink ribbon by a New York socialite Mary Polly Jacobs to wear with an outfit at a party when she didn’t want to wear a corset.
The first padded cup was created by Frederick of Hollywood in the 40s. They were the ones who also produced the first push-up bra.
There was a bra designed to break apart into 2 gas masks if an emergency arose
Neil Armstrong’s spacesuit was made by a bra manufacturer Playtex.
Bali Women’s All Around Smoothing Underwire Bra
- Hook and Eye closure
- Hand Wash
- Smooth, seamless cups and back for a sleek look
- Patented concealing petals help stop show through
- Flat, adjustable comfort shoulder straps
- Built-up Comfort-U design for smooth back and stay-in-place straps
- Full coverage bra gives a comfortable, no-bump, no-bulge fit
- Item Styling: Full-Coverage
Wrap a tape measure snugly around your body and below your bust. After breathing out, take your measurement. If it’s an even number that is your band size, but if it’s an odd number, round up to the closest even number.
You may also like
- 15 Cutest Women Summer Tops V Neck
- 15 Best Wirefree Bras, According to Customer Reviews
- How to Measure Bra Size? – Bra Fitting Guide
- Ways to measure Sports Bra Size – Sports bra fitting guide
- How to Ensure a Good Sports Bra Fit
- How to Choose a Perfect Sports Bras
- The 10 Best Sports Bras for Women
- Top 10 Best leggings for women to buy online
- Quick Dry Fitness Yoga Pants High waist Slim Training Leggings Gym Sports
- Women Yoga Pants with Pockets High Waisted Leggings
- Jewelry Sterling Silver I Love You for Always and Forever Love
- Purses and Handbags for Womens Satchel Shoulder Tote Bags Wallets
Vermilion Bird Women’s 3 Pack Seamless Comfortable Sports Bra with Removable Pads
- Removable bra period pads-The inside of the cup has a small opening that contains a removable pad. Removable pads are easy to put in & take out.
- The material of the sport bra is super comfortable and breathable;Super soft and stretchy.The stretchy straps do not dig into shoulders.
- Double layer knitted construction -Seamless compression bra designed for low impact activities. The straps are wide and supportive as well
Mind-Blowing Bras Facts That You Didn’t Know
Some bras, such as PrimaDonna brand bras, are composed of 40+ pieces and require a very technical assembly.
The largest bra ever made was created for World Cancer Day. The finished bra weighed 90kg and covered 375 square meters!
The world’s most expensive bra is the Heavenly Star Bra, created by Victoria’s Secret in 2001. It is worth $12.5 million USD and boasts 1,200 pink sapphires and a 90-carat diamond.
Bras and bra-like garments date back to the 14th century BC. Female athletes in the Minoan civilization used them while they competed!
In 1968, women decided they didn’t like bras because they were “instruments of female torture” and they threatened to burn them! Unfortunately for them, the police wouldn’t allow that, so they had to settle for tossing them in trash cans.
Amazing Bras Facts That You Didn’t Know
The worlds biggest breast augmentation is a 38KKK.
he left breast is usually bigger than the right.
There is an NGO that fights for women’s rights to be topless.
1lb how much the average breast weighs.
The most expensive bra in the world is Victoria’s Secret’s $15 million fantasy bra
The first push-up bra was introduced in the 1800’s.
In 2011, there were more than 307,180 breast enhancement surgeries performed in the U.S..
In Hawaii, Texas, Ohio, New York, and Maine it’s legal for women to walk around showing off their breasts, but they can still be picked up on public nuisance laws.
8 stone (112 pounds) largest natural breasts recorded in the Guinness Book of World Records
According to studies, British women have the largest breasts… 50% wear at least a D cup.